Papua New Guinea
2 in 3 women in Papua New Guinea will be victims of family violence. Too often, when they flee their perpetrators, they have nowhere to turn. You can provide a place of refuge for women escaping violence.
You can help them recover from the emotional and physical trauma of abuse, realise their worth and live full and meaningful lives free of fear. Women like this lady, whose husband beat her with a plank of wood in front of their children, breaking her nose and her arm, leaving her unconscious.
Women like this need a refuge, a facility where they can access counselling support and safe, temporary housing. A place where they can access life skills and small business training to help them rebuild their lives. Through the Church Partnership Project (CPP), ADRA has already trained community members and pastors to deliver counselling support to victims and will continue with this important work.
Your donation will fund:
- Building renovations, to convert a run-down church wing into a counselling room, kitchen and bedroom.
- Furniture and soft furnishings, such as beds, tables, curtains, kitchen utensils and crockery.
- Care packages for women, including personal hygiene items and linen.
- Small business start-up resources like sewing machines.
- With your help, this centre can be a model for other churches in Papua New Guinea to follow, multiplying your impact and helping women right across the nation.
Let’s show them they are not alone.
|$50||De-Anna, Terranora||18 Aug 18|
|$100||Brad, Cooranbong||16 Aug 18|
|$100||Anonymous, Cooranbong||13 Aug 18|
|$100||Brenton, Sunshine||13 Aug 18|
|$550||Anonymous, Cameron Park||29 Jun 18|