The Nature-Based Social Inclusive Livelihoods and Climate Action Project (NaBCAP) will equip families with the skills and resources they need to increase their yield and produce climate-resilient crops. In consultation with the communities where we will be working, we are addressing the issues that are important to them such as nature-based livelihood projects and climate action projects.
Increasing Livelihood Opportunities – How is ADRA helping?
Laos is one of many countries where ADRA is helping to improve income opportunities for families and individuals, helping to lift them out of poverty.
We have ongoing livelihood projects that have been developed in collaboration with trusted partners and communities to build more sustainable lives which in turn creates food security and keeps children in school. Examples of ADRA livelihoods project activities include:
– Training on effective planting and harvesting techniques
– Animal rearing training
– Business opportunities for people with disabilities
– Educating farmers on the safe use of pesticides
– Introducing new seed varieties and climate-resilient crops
– Increased access to markets
– Village savings and loans associations, Women’s Self-Help group
– Improved diet and nutrition from new crops