Incorporation and Charitable Status:
- Public company limited by guarantee under the Corporations Act.
- Registered charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission.
Tax concessions and fundraising:
Public Benevolent Institution (PBI) and endorsed by the Australian Taxation Office as:
- A Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR)
- An Income Tax Exempt Charity (holding tax concessions and exemptions relating to income, goods and services, and fringe benefits taxes).
- Operates an Overseas Aid Fund and Necessitous Persons Fund, endorsed as DGRs.
- Fundraises throughout Australia and registered under fundraising legislation as required.
Fully accredited with the Australian Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (formerly AusAID). The stringent accreditation process provides the Australian Government and Australian public with the confidence that ADRA is a professional, well-managed, community-based organisation capable of delivering successful development outcomes.
A member of Australian Council for International Development (ACFID), adherent to the ACFID Code of Conduct, organisational member of the Fundraising Institute of Australia and a fully endorsed member of Australian Council for Social Services (ACOSS).
Feedback and Complaints
Feedback and complaints from donors and the public can be sent to:
The Complaints Officer
PO Box 129
Wahroonga NSW 2076
Read our Complaints Policy for more information.
For information on how to lodge a complaint for breach of the Code of Conduct with the ACFID Code of Conduct Committee, please go to https://acfid.asn.au/content/complaints