Incorporation and Charitable Status
- Public company limited by guarantee under the Corporations Act.
- Registered charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission.
Tax Concessions and Fundraising
Public Benevolent Institution (PBI) and endorsed by the Australian Taxation Office as:
- A Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR)
- An Income Tax Exempt Charity (holding tax concessions and exemptions relating to income, goods and services, and fringe benefits taxes).
- Operates an Overseas Aid Fund and Necessitous Persons Fund, endorsed as DGRs.
- Fundraises throughout Australia and registered under fundraising legislation as required.
Fully accredited with the Australian Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (formerly AusAID). The stringent accreditation process provides the Australian Government and Australian public with the confidence that ADRA is a professional, well-managed, community-based organisation capable of delivering successful development outcomes.
ADRA Australia is a member of Australian Council for International Development (ACFID) and is committed to full adherence to the ACFID Code of Conduct. It is an organisational member of the Fundraising Institute of Australia and a fully endorsed member of Australian Council for Social Services (ACOSS).
Transparency and Accountability
ADRA Australia is committed to accountability and transparency. We will strive to provide timely, relevant and accurate information to our stakeholders, including people living in poverty.
We proactively publish information relating to our legal and taxation status, our vision, mission and values, governance and management structure, information about significant projects (including evaluations), press releases, news, significant partnerships with other organisations and relevant policies. On request, we will disclose information or give reasons for any decision not to disclose (for example to respect confidentiality or privacy).
ADRA Australia’s Constitution is available here.
Feedback and Complaints
Feedback and complaints from donors and the public can be sent to:
The Complaints Officer
PO Box 129
Wahroonga NSW 2076
Read our Complaints Policy for more information.
For information on how to lodge a complaint for breach of the Code of Conduct with the ACFID Code of Conduct Committee, please go to https://acfid.asn.au/content/complaints